American Idol Finals: Potential Spoilers or something
Thanks to MJs Big Blog…
Eunuch will once again sing Imagine (personal song choice) and Clive Davis supposedly selected Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me for him…
Here I Am is the song choice from the Top 10 List Of Songs To Make You Proud While Vomiting During Your Moment Like This Inside Your Heaven
D-Cook will be singing U2’s I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (The first U2 song cleared for Idol competition…well, if Idol Gives Back, Bono and The Edge can give back, too, right?) as his personal song choice. He is also rumored to have selected No Turning Back from that cadre of terrible songs from the list of Top 10
Back when the songwriting finalists were announced, here’s what Top Idol had to say about the those entries upon listening to the Top 20 finalists:
Here I Am
Sample lyric: Now I think I really know / the path I want was the way to go / ’cause I’m ready now
I hope no one just saw me vomit in my little trash can. A shit ballad written to bring in the always-on-call Idol gospel choir.
Today’s Verdict: It had Eunuch written all over it from the get-go. (Well, all of these songs did because they talk about having faith and love and trust and magical underpants.)
No Turning Back
Sample lyric: And its hard to feel the meaning / when my life’s been written for me
Better than the rest, rock beginning, but still a bit amateur. It might be mediocre in the right hands. This may be the strongest of the bunch, but that’s really not saying anything. That’s like comparing KFC and Popeye’s. It’s all shit and regardless, you’re gonna feel like ass after consuming any of it.
Today’s Verdict: Wow. I’m good. It has David Cook written all over it.
And on Finals Night?
- There is something about Dead Elvis? (Someone, please help me out here…its sounds bizarre…)
- The Top 5 will sing duets with someone important — David Cook & Mariah Carey on Always Be My Baby, Eunuch & Neil Diamond RUMORED to be doing America
- The “biggest star in the world” will be there…uh, ok. For the love of Xenu, please say its not Tom Cruise!!!
- 2 Idols of the previous 6 seasons will return to perform a group number. Bo Bice has already confirmed. Uh…even if they’re successful past contestants, GROUP SINGS ALWAYS SUCK!!! (And please don’t do that to Bo, he’s too cool…)
- One Republic and those Jonas Kids will perform. Yawn.
Who wants to put money down on Carly Simon joining Mormon Brooke for a duet. Ms. Simon did call and congratulate her after being booted off…makes me think a duet is gonna happen.
I, for one, am hoping for Danny Noriega to storm the Nokia theater and chain himself up to the Idol stage with Rosie O’Donnell in tow. That would be awesome.