Are Constantine Maroulis fans are spamming the president of New Line Cinema?
Years after Constantine Maroulis left a grease stain on American Idol, his remaining handful of ever-devoted frauen are still spamming media outlets and other industry types in an effort to show the power of Walking VD’s HUGE fanbase. (And no, I’m not talking about Miley Cyrus and her mother.)
… New Line president, Toby Emmerich, is being swamped with faxes and e-mails from fans of Constantine Maroulis. They’re demanding the “American Idol” heart-throb get the role of Drew in the movie version of “Rock of Ages,” based on the Broadway play Maroulis currently stars in…
I estimate there are no more than 15-30 women responsible for every single one of these emails and telephone calls. While I can only wish to read one of those eloquent emails or faxes allegedly sent to a high-powered film executive, a girl can only dream. But seriously, Confrau, fess up.
I never demanded anything.
I simply pointed out a few facts.
When are they going to cast that movie anyway?
Ah ha! So it wasn’t just an elaborate PR stunt now was it?
I can’t help but think the item in the NY Daily News was fed to them via PR folk for either Constantine/ROA. But I don’t think it’s a bad thing… except that I’m with Cal. I didn’t “demand” anything. I asked them to consider giving Constantine a shot at the role. But IMO, saying his fans are “demanding” that he be cast as Drew is simply a way of making the item more dramatic/interesting. It’s kind of what journalists are supposed to do. *g*
Ok, so that’s two…Hey, while I honestly DO NOT spend most of my time following the hilarious antics of Idol fantards, I must say that the small group of remaining Greasy Constantine fans still provide lots of amusement. It’s more than the fact I think the guy has little talent. It’s the fact that he is a DOUCHEBAG. A complete and utter narcissistic douchebag. I don’t care if he somehow landed a starring role in a CHEESY AS ALL HELL Broadway shit fest that only sells tickets because you can booze it up DURING the show AND the fact that people are obsessed with the world’s most overplayed song — Don’t Stop Believing. I don’t care that he managed to get a Tony nomination…because the economic crisis limited the amount of new shows. Constantine Maroulis is a despicable douchebag and has proven this fact time and time again — even if you ignore his patented “rawk hands” displayed in every ridiculous photo of him and his greasy, leering mug. Here are a few (public) highlights:
- Committing self-entitled acts of douchebaggery at a Cingular store circa 2005
- Causing some guy to body slam his ass at a NYC party for the simple act of being there
- His entire narcissistic (and illiterate) Twitter account in which he turns EVERYTHING around to be about HIM
- The infamous Village Voice article, which is one of the finest pieces ever written on an Idol contestant. If you have yet to read this exquisite piece of journalism, do it. Do it right now. I promise you will thank me.
- Calling bingo numbers at a Wisconsin casino. Sadly, the video of this has disappeared, but use your imagination–the man makes tired Napoleon Dynamite references and talks about playing his skin flute.
- Telling an Atlanta radio reporter that David Archuleta was gay.
- Having butt sex with a teenager. Having butt sex with a teenager. Having butt sex with a teenager.
I could go on and on and on, but I’m tired. And I have better things to do.